Starting and maintaining a business isn’t easy: in fact, it’s extremely challenging. When we’re busy balancing budgets, handling staffing problems, and developing new products, it can be tough to carve out the time to give signage special attention. While we’re buried in paperwork, the idea of sitting down to brainstorm signage sounds like a lot of fun, but when are we supposed to find time for fun when we’ve got a business to run?
The truth is that signage isn’t just fun and decoration – it’s a vital part of any business. Getting your signage right can be the difference between a thriving business and a ghost-town. If your signage is sloppy, it will haunt you everywhere you turn; it’s the face of your website, newspaper ads, billboard real estate, and sales promotions, after all. Get it right, or pay the price!
In this post, we share 6 facts that support the importance of quality signage, as reported by the Ketchum Global Research and Analytics group:
- Attract new foot traffic. Over 75% of consumers indicated that they had entered an unfamiliar store based entirely on compelling signage. Perhaps your logo strikes a chord with a passerby. Your promotion could attract the eyes of a frugal bargain hunter. Or maybe the quality and vivid colors used in your sign simply distinguish you from neighboring businesses and cause the reader to wonder: “What makes this place so special?” An attractive sign can attract new business – it’s that simple!
- Secure quality referrals. Almost 75% of survey respondents indicated that they have told a friend or family member about a business based entirely off of its signage. Perhaps your sign is a whimsical talking point, or a sure sign of a quality company; whatever the case may be, these sign-based referrals happen every day, and you should try to take advantage of it!
- Improve your first impressions. You wouldn’t show up to a first date with disheveled hair, stinky breath, and a food stained shirt, so why would you try to make a first impression on a prospect with a shoddy sign? Nearly 70% of consumers indicated that the quality of a businesses’ sign reflects the quality of the business. It makes sense: successful, established business owners will have the money and the savvy to invest in quality store frontage.
- Improve your sales. Consumers feel better about buying from companies who have quality signage: 67% of survey respondents said that sign quality influenced their purchase decisions.
- Stop turning prospects away. Nearly 60% of consumers have reported that a lack of signage prevented them from entering a business. Not only does it make your business seem less serious than its competitor, but it robs the prospect of any directions, promotional information, or product previews that would stimulate their interest in checking out what you have to offer.
- Legibility is key. Consumers and business owners agree that sign legibility is the most important characteristic. Remember this as you work through your design process. Eye-catching images and snappy slogans are great, but the most important impression you can make with your prospects has to do with your business name, business location, and the products or services you offer!
Want to learn more high impact sign design tips? Visit http://www.signworld.org for more informative posts, or to book your free consultation with our experienced signage experts!
Signworld is a national organization with more than 240 independently owned sign companies, which provide commercial custom signage and graphics. It’s personable, creative, rewarding and ideal for people-oriented individuals who have the desire to learn how to manage a sales and production business. Signworld has been a part of the industry’s profit and fun since 1988. With over 27 years in the business, Signworld has established itself as the leader in the no-royalties and no-rules sign business concept. The ongoing support and training along with state-of-the-art equipment helps leave the competition behind. For more details visit – https://signworld.org/