Neon signs have been helping business owners stand out for decades. Though you’d think the novelty would have worn off by now, they’re still as effective as ever. Today’s post spotlights 8 undeniable benefits that neon signs have offered business owners since the 1950s
- High visibility. Neon signs are a luminous, eye-catching addition to any business front that will make a big difference for your visibility. Since our eyes are naturally drawn to color and light in the dark, installing a neon sign will instantly boost your impressions, even on a crowded avenue filled with fierce competitors. Neon signage is particularly useful for small business owners trying to announce their arrival.
- Design freedom. One big benefit of neon signage is its potential for customization. This medium gives you incredible options for logo design. Businesses using our starter packs will be able to design neon signs in almost any shape and color. If we can’t do it in-house, we’ll help you find somebody who can. Don’t settle for stock images!
- Nighttime functionality. Neon signs make it possible for businesses to operate at night. Though you can set up extra lighting to illuminate your existing signage, upgrading to neon is generally a more cost-effective option, both in terms of the installation and upkeep.
- Cheap and energy-efficient to run. Neon is the fifth most abundant chemical element in the universe after hydrogen, helium, oxygen, and carbon. Given its mass abundance, it should come as no surprise that neon signage is so affordable.Since they have no filament, neon electrodes operate cool to the touch, which means they don’t waste much electricity at all. This is also why they tend to outlast light bulbs. Buy neon, save on bulb replacements!The average neon sign that uses a normal wall current and 90 watts of electricity will run you about 20 cents if you run it all day long. Consider that the average toaster uses 900 watts – 10x more than the lifeblood of your business!
- Wide operating range. In addition to being very durable, neon signs enjoy a wide operating range, which means they will be safe in cases where line voltage is subject to brownouts and surges.
- Long lifespan. When properly built and maintained, neon signs can last 10-12 years. When you consider that the bulbs require very little upkeep and traditional light signs can fail after as little as 6 months, the value of neon signage is clear.
- Easy setup. Neon signs can be set up in no time at all, which means you can start to reap the benefits right away. Our business partners will assist you with your installation – enquire at http://www.signworld.org.
- Attract customers. Neon signs have a long history in advertising; in fact, this brand awareness medium has been at the foundation of many big companies’ local advertising campaigns since the 1950s. As such, consumers have been conditioned to give neon signs their attention. We look for neon signs to ascertain whether businesses are open and also to spot promotions, and you can use this consumer conditioning to your advantage. From the moment you install your neon sign, you’ll catch the eyes of passersby.
Learn more about neon signage and schedule a consultation with a Signworld partner in your area
Find out if there is a member of the Signworld business alliance in your area – visit http://www.signworld.org to get started!